Careers at Bel Company
Bel Company is currently looking for Master Electrician, HVAC Technician, and Restoration Technicians. Starting a career at Bel Company is a very rewarding one. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company that promotes a professional work environment. Bel Company offers a competitive wage and benefits to employees.
To join our team of technicians, you must possess the ability to use power and hand tools as well as work well with others. Due to the high amount of risk of this job, safety is our top priority. Technicians must be aware of the safety precautions. Bel Company will take into consideration if the candidate applying for this position has prior experience in various construction duties.
Apply to the Bel Company Team
Mechanical, Construction, Mold Remediation, and Restoration Positions in Haslett, MI
HVAC Technicians, under general direction, perform semi- skilled and skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and does related work as required.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks in the operation of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating systems in residential homes.
- Repairs and maintains thermostats, air filters, blower fans, belts, and bearings.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses, repair various makes and models of HVAC equipment.
- Understands the operating principles of heating, air conditioning, and work safety practices related to HVAC work.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning equipment in residential and commercial buildings.
- Perform daily work duties associated with the trade with little to no supervision in the field.
- Five years of journey-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- EPA License.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check – No Felonies.
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess an analytical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow blueprints and understand technical instructions.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work; keep records.
- Ability to explain technical information to clients at a level they understand.
- Able to work independently.
- Effectively use a computer and knowledge of applicable software.
Additional Skills Desired:
- NATE Certification a plus.
Responsible for all electrical work including the planning and laying out of work and the diagnosis of trouble in electrical systems.
Skills and Job Requirements:
- Install Electrical Systems
- Repair Electrical Systems
- Plan new or modify installations consistent with specifications and national electrical code.
- Proficient in electrical codes and best practices
- Reading blueprints, schematics, and other diagrams
- Using electrical diagnostic tools
- Able to meet physical requirements of the job including, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment and working at elevated heights.
- Must be licensed in the State of Michigan.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates must pass background and drug screen.
Specialize in cleaning, drying, and repairing buildings and personal property that have been damaged by water, fire, smoke, vehicle impact, or other miscellaneous unexpected losses. Applicants must be self-motivated and possess problem-solving abilities. Must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong customer service skills and the ability to accommodate after-hours on call as needed. Moving and loading, cleaning, and water extraction experience is helpful, but not required. Training will be provided. In this active position, you will assist in the restoration of both structure and personal property that has experienced damage.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Inventory preparation
- Assisting others as needed
- Emergency water extractions
- Demolition of affected materials
- Carpet cleaning
- Upholstery cleaning
Must have a clean driving record with a valid driver’s license. Drug screen, physical, and background check required.